An exposed-aggregate surface is obtained by placing concrete and then removing the outer ‘skin’ of cement paste to uncover decorative coarse aggregate (either batched into the concrete mix or seeded onto the surface). Because of its durability and skid resistance, an exposed aggregate finish is ideal for most flat work including:
- Driveways and Paths
- Swimming Pools and Decks
- Shopping centers and Executive styling for Business Entries
Advantages of an Exposed Aggregate finishes: With an Exposed Aggregate finish, you can achieve spectacular effects at reasonable cost because of a few additional materials. some of the notable advantages of Exposed Aggregate finishes:
- The basic procedures are simple enough for experienced finishers to master easily.
- The surface is rugged, nonskid, and resistant to heavy traffic and weather extremes.
- Many types and sizes of decorative aggregate are available to achieve unlimited color and texture variations.
- Exposed aggregate is highly versatile and contrasts beautifully with plain concrete or other decorative treatments such as WA’s own Liquid Limestone, stamping, stenciling, staining, and integral colouring.
- Little maintenance is required, other than sealing and occasional cleaning.
Below are some popular Exposed aggregate mixes that clients have chosen.
Here you can view photos of previously completed work.